Monday 27 January 2020

55 - Trust

One of the key things in politics should be trust; that you can trust that those who make our laws are doing so in any entirely honourable manner. And, indeed, this is true of many MPs that sit in the House of Commons. 

Sadly, I think there are several key politicians who you just can't trust and that includes the Prime Minister. 

Now, I am sure the cynics among you will suggest that I would say that being a lefty Labour supporter. and I see where you're coming from. But that's not the case.

I look back at Maggie Thatcher in the 1980s, and as much as I couldn't stand her, you knew you could trust that when she said she would do something that she would do it. 

As Frank Skinner said (and I may be paraphrasing; "You always knew where you were with Maggie Thatcher; unfortunately you didn't have a paddle."



No comments:

Post a Comment