Sunday 26 January 2020

54 - Time

I have been talking of nostalgia a little bit lately, and I wonder if something count as nostalgia if it is something that remains and ongoing concern? 

I ask this as I look back a decade further than the waxings about 1989 back to 1979. September 1st 1979 to be precise. On that day I saw my very first Doctor Who... part 1 of Destiny of the Daleks. I think the 5 year old me would have found in impossible to think that the 46 year old me typing this would have this very evening seen the latest episode (I've no idea how many I've seen; I'm not even going to attempt to count).. yet still the show has a part in my life.

There's another thong, though, that's quite odd; despite the fact that every extant episode of the original run is there and available to watch, on either DVD or Blu-Ray, or even on this new fangled BritBox thing there are decent number of the original 1963-89 run I've never seen. And yet I feel no major compulsion to fill those gaps as any kind of matter of urgency. 

I think one day I will have see them all, but there's a part of me that likes that there are still episodes to see. 


No comments:

Post a Comment