Saturday 11 January 2020

39 - Opinions

I think one of the most important principles is that of freedom of speech, especially when it comes to discussing opinions on the issues of the day. All too often these days you see people being shouted down because their opinion doesn't align with what is deemed to be "correct". There is no engagement, no attempt to point out fallacies in arguments, or to try to engage to try to understand the opposite point of view. They are shut down with insults. 

To my mind, if you cannot debate a point and you resort to insults and threats to shut your opponent down you've lost the argument. 

I'll probably expand a lot more on freedom of speech in further posts, but I wanted to get this particular point down as it's an important one. 

If you disagree with things I say here. feel free to post a comment challenging me and pointing out where I've gone wrong. You never know, you might change my mind about something...

No comments:

Post a Comment