Sunday 5 January 2020

33 - Mask

I made the mistake of flicking through the TV channels and stopping at the new singing show, The Masked Singer. 

The conceit of this is that famous people get dressed up in weird costumes and sing in front of a celeb panel and the studio audience. And the panel have to try to guess who is beneath the mask...

...it sounds dreadful. And it is. But it's compellingly dreadful. As I type this, Alan Johnson, former MP, is singing Walk Like an Egyptian. Badly. Half dressed as a Pharaoh. Yesterday, Patsy Palmer, Bianca from TV's EastEnders, was a butterfly. I should not be watching it. 

But somehow it's entirely compelling. 

And I now know I'll end up trying to see every episode, and try to work out who is in each costume. I've no idea who most of them are. 

Except the unicorn.

The unicorn is Captain Jack Harkness, from TV's Doctor Who; John Barrowman. 

Of that, I am sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment