Monday 20 January 2020

48 - Prime

I guess this is a bit of a follow up to post #45 in that today I have taken the plunge and signed up to Amazon Prime. 

Shortly before this, I gave NOWTV the chop, and in the box where it asked for the reason I said something like "I'm defecting to Amazon Prime; they have Star Trek Picard, and you don't. Sorry." And then had to click through what seemed like about a million "are you sure?" prompts before they finally accepted it. 

Still, at least I didn't have to speak to a real human. 

And I am more than a little excited for ST: Picard, more so than Discovery. I mean, this is more Jean-Luc. And whilst we'll be getting a few fan-pleasing cameos, it's going to be his series. I also hope that we've not been told all of the returning characters, as there's one who I want to see more than any other; Q.

It always rankles with me a little that in the era of TNG movies, they never made a movie with Q in it. I reckon that, if done correctly, it would have been the best Star Trek film of all. 

John de Lancie was always absolutely compelling to watch whenever he appeared on screen; even in the lesser episodes he appeared in. He elevated every scene he was in. whether it was a comedic moment, or a serious one. Often he would flip between the two in the space of a single scene. 

So, he has to be in ST: Picard somewhere. Heck, if he's not in this series, it's already been given the okay for a second before it's even been shown. We want him. We need him. 

Make it so...

No comments:

Post a Comment