Wednesday 27 January 2021

112 - Prioritisation

 I know I said I didn't want this to be a virus blog, but there's one more thing I want to mention and that's around prioritisation of the vaccine. 

To my mind, once you've got the absolute most vulnerable people out of the way, prioritisation then shouldn't be by age, it should be to those who are most likely to catch or transmit the virus as part of their job. 

This would include your NHS workers, teachers (to enable schools to fully reopen as soon as it possible), police officers, shop workers, and so on.

Basically if your jobs involves regular contact with those outside of your household you should be at the front of the queue. 

If you can work from home in your job, you should be at the back of the queue. 

It should all about prioritising those that have the greatest risk of catching, or of transmitting, the virus. To me that seems and entirely logical, and sensble, way to decide who gets it. That would be the way to get things moving as soon as is possible. 

And if you think I'm suggesting this because it would mean I'd get the vaccine sooner; no. By my suggestions, I'd be at the back of the queue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment