Thursday 21 January 2021

106 - Flamin'

Every now and then I catch an episode of current Home & Away and find I hardly recognise anyone. With the episode today today I just recognised Alf "Flamin" Stewart, Marilyn, and Brendan from A Country Practice (though I really only recognised him as ACP's Brendan Jones, and I still don't really know anything about his H&A character).

There was a version of Roo in the episode, but played by a different actress; and she doesn't feel like she's really Roo because of the soapy head swap. They're never quite the same.

One quote exciting moment in the episode (and you may think is some strange usage of the work "exciting" that you weren't previously aware of) was when Alf name-checked Colleen Smart, though sadly we didn't see her. It would have been good if we did. She'd be about 108, though!

The other characters... well, meh...

As an aside; I've still got just over 200 episodes of the first 400 episodes to watch on Amazon Prime. And Alf *still* hasn't said "flamin" in any of them...

No comments:

Post a Comment