Wednesday 24 March 2021

168 - MInd

 So, I've been reading "the little book of humanism" by Andrew Copson and Alice Roberts and one of the quotes cited in it is;

"When my information changes, I change my mind. What do you do?

Attributed to John Maynard Keynes."

And I can't help but think just how right that is. The thing is you may have an opinion on something, but then some new piece of information comes along and you realise you're wrong... the question is, what do you do? The logical thing is that you reconsider your opinion, as this is the only logical thing to do. 

If you have information that proves you completely wrong, just own it. Admit your error, and move on. Don't just dig in there.

I find that I constantly re-evaluate opinions. I'm not afraid to say I've got things wrong. 

But when I know I'm right... well, I could change my mind, but then we would both be wrong... 

No comments:

Post a Comment