Monday 8 March 2021

152 - 'Owzat

 Somehow, during this series of lockdowns during the ongoing pandemic, I've started to watch, and enjoy, cricket.

I never thought this would ever happen, as I've often in the past found it to be boring. But somehow I will now often watch it when it's on the telly. This is either when it's on Channel 4, or when it's on FreeSports on channel 64. 

What I have found is this; I tend to enjoy matches where the ball is white more than when the ball is red. Or Pink. 

I watched some of the T20 internationals (white ball) and they were rather exciting. And even I stumbled upon a final of a T10 championship, and that was thrilling. The batsmen were really going for it, trying to get as many fours and sixes as possible. 

But the five day test matches... strewth. They seem lucky to get six runs per over, let alone off a single bowl. So defensive, so... yeah... these were the kind of matches I'd get distracted by other things. 

Though, calling them "five day" test matches is somewhat of a misnomer; the last England V India one didn't last three whole days and the one before not even two whole days! Imagine of you'd got tickets for the days that never got played?

Nah... the set overs matches seem to me to be much better. Much more exiting. I mean, I'll still watch the "five day" tests... 'cos sooner or later there'll be an exciting one, yes...?

No comments:

Post a Comment