Sunday 20 November 2016

12 - Writing.

As well as this blog, I have been trying to write fiction. I read an interesting thing about writer's block this week which goes something along the lines of; writer's block is your brain's way of telling you the idea you're having is rubbish, and to get you to keep on going until you write something decent. 

My brain must be a perfectionist. 

Of course, I say this just at the time I'm about to have a couple of (very!) short stories published in a charity anthology. It is, at least, as start. From a small acorn will grow a mighty oak... at least I hope it will. 

I have all sorts of fragments of writing here and there, with half started novels, partly described scenes, barely conceived ideas, and words that seem to just tumble off the page. 

There are a couple of things whirling around in my mind at the moment, but I'm just not happy with them, and if I'm not happy with them at this stage, how can I be happy writing them, let alone expecting people to actually shell out money and read them?

I guess I'll get there in the end... watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment