Monday 14 November 2016

10 - Photographs.

Whilst, yes, this blog is not meant to have a specific theme, given that it's all about digression, this is yet another dating post...

One of the things that can be very tricky is to choose the correct photographs to go on your profile; especially your main profile picture. Your main picture, especially on the swiping apps, is the one that has the most riding on it and may cause a potential date to either look in more detail at your other pictures, and the profile, or to swipe left and end all possibilities.

I'm not going to claim my pictures are perfect, but there's one thing that grates to me in pictures on dating sites; and that's pictures with other people in.

Now, I know that it's good to have pictures of you with your friends, etc. But I don't need to see pictures of them. I've lost count of the number of times I've looked at a profile picture of two people, thought “oh, I hope she's the one on the left”, looked at further photos and realised that no... that's just her friend.

And that's not even counting the profiles where there's two, or three, or four people on every single photo, and you have to try to work out which one it is. I have seen some profiles where there's a couple of people in every picture. How am I meant to tell which is which!

Lastly, pictures of kids. I don't mind if you've got kids, but is it appropriate to put pictures of them on a dating site where there may be all sorts of weirdos about?


I mean, it's not a tricky problem to solve. Just paint out the faces of anyone that's not you. I see some that do this, and it's such a relief. There's no ambiguity. Or even just a caption saying “that's me fourth from right, on the second row, with the fez on my head”. Just make sure it's clear...

No comments:

Post a Comment