Tuesday 6 April 2021

181 - Changing

 I just can't help but wonder how different things will be once we emerge from the other side of the pandemic. The last year or so has been just so weird, and despite the restrictions slowly, but surely, being lifted it seems the weirdness will continue at least until the end of the year, with distancing and masks and so on. 

And will we even get back to anything like normality after we get to the other side? 

We're going to end up with this as a dark cloud over our heads for a while to come. The vaccinations will help, but if we have to keep on having top ups as new strains, resistant to previous vaccines, become prevalent I can see further lockdowns in the future. 

The slow easing out of the lockdown is probably the right thing to do, as it means that as each restriction is eased we can see the impact of the easing. The opening of schools has, thankfully, not seen the increase in cases feared and the trend - new cases, deaths, hospitalisation - has continued downwards. 

Despite this, I do still have a sense of fear about the whole thing. Until I've had both my vaccine shots I still won't feel even close to being safe (and even then I'll still have worries). I worry very much that I'll end up getting it and dying, or getting the "long" variant and having symptoms lasting weeks or even months and not being able to do all the things I should be able to. 

I know it's probably irrational, but the possibility is there; people my age have been dying, and suffering with extreme symptoms. 

I dunno. 

I just want to make sure I get through this...

No comments:

Post a Comment