Thursday 1 April 2021

176 - Love

So, previously I said I'd be doing my strand of songs in the order I wrote them down on a piece of paper, as the whole point of it was that most were going to be posts I could slot in when I couldn't think of something proper an meaningful to post. But stalled at the fifth, 'cos it was going to be an epic post.

I've decided to ignore that, and skip over the songs that are going to take me linger tow write about, and go to number seven on the list. Which is a brilliant, and amazing song;

Bubblegum, by Helen Love.

And it did take a lot of umming and ahhing before deciding on this one, as there are so many great Helen Love songs. But I went for this one 'cos this was the first Helen Love song I ever heard played, as I recall, on Mark Radcliffe's Graveyard Shift show on Radio 1. 

It's a glorious slice of low-fi indie pop, and just makes me smile when I hear it;


I did toy with Punk Boy, as that would be a good counterpoint with P.U.N.K. Girl, and was a song brilliantly covered by Ash. The band, that is; not me. Though I do have a Punk Boy shirt...

But, no, this is the song. 

No comments:

Post a Comment