Sunday 1 January 2017

17 - Resolution.

I do sometimes make New Year's Resolutions, but invariably break them. I think part of the reason is because I keep changing my mind. This year I'd thought of making a resolution to go on at least one date every month, as that would give me a target to aim for. But then I started to talk myself out of it for numerous reasons... I mean, mainly, though the chances of me actually getting 12 dates over the course of the year is roughly zero, as that would require me to find that many girls that would not only want to date me, but also to put up with how tricky it can be to even find times and days for dates... it's tricky being a single parent.

Then I thought... but what if I end up finding someone on the first date of the year who was not only right for me, but I was right for her. When my subconscious picked itself up after rolling around on the floor in laughter for a few hours I soon rethought that notion. Never gonna happen.

And then even trying to insist on a set number across the year seemed to be a folly, as surely all this kind of thing should come naturally, not as a part of some sort of artificially imposed quota that's putting an emphasis on quantity, rather than quality.

So, no. I guess I'll continue my way through this year in the same way I've been muddling through 2015 and 2016...


I could try to think up another resolution, but it's 2017 now and I'm not sure I have the energy to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment