Monday 26 December 2016

16 - Wanting.

There was a tv show, or it may have been a film; either way, it doesn't matter. In that show, or film, one of the characters said something about the things you want. It went – and I may very well be paraphrasing – something like this; once you have decided what you want, make sure that every decision you make is in pursuit of it.

I think that may be one of the ways I've been going wrong. I know many of the things I want, but I've not really been pursuing them. I've been hoping they'll fall in to my lap. Mainly on the basis that in the past this has occasionally happened. But often, it hasn't.

And there's all sorts of areas in my life this is applicable to. I keep on putting barriers in my way to achieving things. Building up things that are probably minor reasons that can be overcome, in to huge massive problems. The cliched mountain/molehill situation, I guess.

So... I suppose I should start making some decisions...


...watch this space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment